Main, Sheeting & So On



 
The main was hosted for the first time today.  The halyard was run from an external block off the masthead, untidy & easier to lose so it needs running internally.  The sail itself looks in very good condition,  quite crisp & flat. softer this I set up the trimming sheet blocks.  A bridle over the transom etc. At this stage it trimmed ok,  but I'm not happy with its strength.  I will try to locate the gear from my old Mirror & try that.  The requirements are that it's easily released,  &! to withstand heavy loads & is comfortable to use.  At this stage,  I want to avoid clearing or jamming it off. A cleated main sheet,  or one that gets tangled can give way to a heightened risk of capsize if the main can't be released immediately.  
I am ok with the forestay halyard,  but it's old & have no confidence in heavier conditions.  
Otherwise,  sitting on the stern seat,  things come to hand ok,  but the tiller needs an extension.   
Ground tackle needs to be shipped,  stowed & dogged down.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heavy Weather

A Beautiful Pea Green Boat

Trailer Winch, Gun'l Varnishing